Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sunday humor


source: bitsandpieces.us

I've spent some time trying to find the original source of these images and am giving up without success. The photo set first appeared sometime before August 18th last year. The first version I've found is on a Reddit post of that date.

As many have pointed out since then, the sign war is a hoax.

The explanation on Snopes is entertaining if not very informative. It quotes Will Rogers "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." And James Thurber: "If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons." And it gives a link to the church sign generator page.

Not surprisingly, there has been a denial from a church with a name similar to one of the two in the photos: Church Signs are a Prank.

No comments: